What we collect
We may collect and hold the following information when you use this website:
- contact information including email address
- postal address and/or telephone number (if supplied by you)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we collect and hold
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the below reasons.
- We may use your information for internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email or postal address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Fantastic Holdings Limited promises not to sell, share or provide information gathered through our site to third parties other than the entities listed below.
In accessing the website, you have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym. However, electing this option or not providing us with information we ask for may restrict our ability to carry out the above functions.
You authorise us to disclose and share information about you with any of the following entities for the same purposes noted above:
- Fantastic Furniture Pty Limited (ABN 66 003 688 855), a subsidiary of Fantastic Holdings Limited (ABN 19 004 000 775) ("Holdings").
- Each subsidiary of Holdings.
- Contractors and service providers of Fantastic Furniture Holdings or the above entities. Such contractors or service providers are located in Australia. Fantastic Furniture will not disclose information about you to an entity overseas.
- If you choose to apply for any credit facility in connection with a purchase (where offered), the credit provider.
- If any entity wishes to purchase part or whole of our business, that entity.
- Each entity which has been granted a franchise by a subsidiary of Holdings.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by appropriate confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When we no longer require your information (including when we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you), we will ensure that the information is either destroyed or de-identified.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection, storage, use or disclosure of your information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may access the information we hold about you at any time by requesting access by contacting us at email@example.com. We will deal with your request for such access within a reasonable time. If we refuse access, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access. We may recover reasonable costs of retrieving information when you make an access request.